Friday 1 October 2010

Lothian Crafts Monthly Challenge


This is my DT card for Lothian crafts monthly challenge. The challenge for October is 'Christmas', so it can be anything you like as long as it is christmas themed and with great candy to be won it's a great reason to get another christmas card made.

I decided to make an easel card shape and use the Skating Santa and Teddy from Joanna Sheen's Giordano Christmas stamp range.
I decided to have a go at braying for the main image: I roughly tore a peice of paper in half at a curve and masked off the top half of my piece of glossy card. I used the blue half of the Waterfall Big N Juicy ink pad to create the lake, which was alos sprayed with Spray and Sparkle. This was then masked off using the other half of the paper i tore and I used the greener end of the Big N Juicy to create the look of grass and then sky. As I used glossy card I stamped the trees in Stazon ink and also the Santa and Teddy. I then stamped the Santa and Teddy again onto some white card and coloured them in with ProMarkers, these were then cut out and layed over the stamped image. This means that you still have the effect of the full stamped image without having to figure out how to cut out some of the fiddly lines.

The image was matted and layered onto co-ordinating paper and mirror board and then onto some white card that I'd inked with the same Big N Juicy ink pad. The border and base paper are from the Crafters Companion CD Adorables. I added a greeting and an extra stamped teddy image, which has been layed onto a mirror board scolloped circle.

Why don't you pop over to Lothian crafts and have a go at this months challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment