Sunday, 6 March 2011
This is my first attempt at the 'paint fusion' technique. I had a play with the lavender stamp and painting technigue first onto plain white card (card on the right) and was quite pleased with the result, so layed it onto a background made using Creative Expressions embossing folder - bark, onto Whitewash Core'dinations cardstock that I sanded.
I then had a go at making a crackle background and used the lavender stamp and technique again but in pink paint this time (middle card). I also distressed it using Lipstick and Fired Burlup Distress ink and embossed around the edge in silver. I used the core'dinations card again but with a floral Sizzix embossing folder and mounted onto silver card.
Then I moved onto the berries (left card), certainly need more practice with the leaves, but fun to make. I created the background strip using the berry stamps, heat embossed in black and purple embossing powders and over stamped with the small leaf stamp from the kit. This was then layed onto purple card which I punched a border with Martha Stewart large punch.